Why Firefox is not a good choice of browser for a KDE/Plasma-based product

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Mar 27 00:09:21 UTC 2014

Kevin Kofler wrote:

>> Incidentally, Kevin Kofler's original post seemed to suggest
>> that Firefox would be completely removed as an option,
>> since he said then that users who "who absolutely want Firefox
>> can simply install it from the repository",
>> which I took to refer to the Firefox repository.
>
> I mean the Fedora repository, of course.

Apologies.

> This discussion is not about removing anything from Fedora, but about what
> to ship as the default browser on the KDE Plasma live image.

But isn't Konqueror already the default KDE browser?
I thought I had to "yum install" Firefox after installing Fedora-20/KDE,
whereas Konqueror was already installed.

I'm afraid I find the fact that I can use Firefox under Windows and Android
as well as under Fedora and CentOS a great advantage.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net