konqueror bug?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Thu Mar 27 01:10:24 UTC 2014

I think this is a konqueror bug but would appreciate a second opinion.

When multiple l10n packages are installed and configured in system settings and konqueror requests a page I believe the "accept_language" is used to tell the server what languages are accepted and the order of priority for the language.

In konqueror when I go to start.fedoraproject.org accept_language is sent as "en-US,zh-TW;q=0.9,en;q=0.8" and the page with Content-Language of zh-TW is returned.

Chrome, on the other hand, sends accept_language "en-US,en;q=0.8,zh-TW;q=0.6,zh;q=0.4" and the English page is returned.

I believe that konqueror should also use the least common denominator for English (and other languages) in its request to cover the cases where a server doesn't fully define the page languages it can supply.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts