Why Firefox is not a good choice of browser for a KDE/Plasma-based product

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 31 16:43:57 UTC 2014

On 03/31/14 10:48, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
<<>>

> If I open it in Chrome and compare the results for other browsers
 > I can see results for Firefox, Safari, Opera, IE etc., all in
 > various versions, but Konqueror does not appear. Nor is it
 > searchable on the site. When I open it in Konqueror it does give
 > the browser identification and a rating, but not otherwise.

i would consider that to indicate how little html5test.com
considers knoqueror as a web browser. :-)

they do not even mention knoqueror or rekonq under "other".

tho they do show, under "latest results";

    405 rekonq 2.4.2 in linux    7 minutes ago

if that really accounts for anything, because it is likely
from someone from this list/thread, checking.

so, i would imagine, if all in this thread and reading this
thread were to hit html5test.com with konqueror and rekonq,
both may/might have an influence on how both end up being
displayed in the various tabs and ratings.

kind of like fixing a horse race. ;-)

also, note that there are very few linux listings. and, it
seems, ubuntu is not considered as linux.

--

peace out.

tc.hago.

.