Update Disables Desktop Effects

Peter Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Sun May 4 05:21:50 UTC 2014

Eli Wapniarski wrote:

> I have another
> laptop that produces kernel warnings all of these problems seem to be
> related it older intel chipsets.

Interesting. I have never reported it, but my laptop (older Intel chipset)
has been giving me errors. The message says something like "kernel crashed:
the problem is a hardware error and there is no need to file a bug reportĀ°.
However, the laptop works just fine and I don't believe there is anything
wrong with it.

I haven't updated it for about a week, so I am not running the new 3.14.2
kernel on it, so I don't presently know whether the problem still persists.

Now I'm curious and will update.