KDE asking for SIM PIN for UMTS modem although no pin is set in SIM card

Lukas Middendorf lukas+fedora at tuxforce.de
Fri May 23 09:47:07 UTC 2014

Hi,
I have an UMTS modem (HP un2400 Gobi Wireless Modem) in my notebook
(Fedora 20). The inserted SIM card does not have a PIN code set. Every
time the modem is activated (e.g. after resume from suspend), KDE asks
me for the "SIM PIN2" nevertheless. I can either input any 4 digit
number and click "Unlock" or click "Cancel", either way the modem works
afterwards.

Does anybody know how to get rid of this dialog, and if not, which
component should I report a bug against?

Best regards,
Lukas