GPG not working with K-Softwares

Sudhir Khanger sudhir at sudhirkhanger.com
Fri Sep 12 19:22:20 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am unable to sign or encrypt using gpg on any of the KDE softwares.

KMail complains about "invalid passphrase" and provides passphrase prompt.
Kgpg tells me "signing not possible or bad passphrase" but wouldn't give me
prompt to enter the passphrase.

I am on Fedora 20 running Plasma 5. I have pinentry and gpg-agent installed.

Running gpg -c encryptFile in terminal with either no pinentry-program in gpg-
agent.conf or pinentry-qt or pinentry-qt4 works just fine.

Trying to sign/encrypt on any K-application with any pinentry will give some
error.

--
Regards,
Sudhir Khanger,