Ark - 4.14.1 Unar/Unrar

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Sep 22 10:20:57 UTC 2014

Colin J Thomson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I stumbled across this small issue today when opening a rar file directly
> from say Dolphin Ark would fail with an error. Using Unrar from a shell
> the file would unpack fine.
>
> Looking at the Ark-4.14 changelog I see support for Unar had been added
> which I did not have installed. Since installing Unar all is good now.
>
> Maybe with this new change Unar should be pulled in automatically?

Good idea, I can look into adding that, sure.

Note to other folks who'd responded that unar != unrar  :)

Adding this is another ~4mb worth of dependencies:
Installing:
unar               x86_64  1.8.1-5.fc21  fedora      2.0 M
Installing for dependencies:
gnustep-base-libs  x86_64  1.24.6-5.fc21 fedora      1.7 M
libobjc            x86_64  4.9.1-9.fc21  updates-testing 60 k

-- Rex