Desktop freezes

Mike Chambers mike at mtchambers.com
Mon Apr 20 10:13:32 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-04-19 at 10:21 -0500, Dan Mossor wrote:
> On 04/17/2015 05:55 PM, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > Clean/fresh install of F22 with KDE last night, and up to this
> > point,
> > the desktop has frozen solid about 3/4 times now, as in no mouse,
> > no
> > keyboard, nothing.  Have to do a hard reboot to get it working.
> >
> > Nvidia graphics card with nouveau driver (no nvidia drivers)
> > Kernel-4.0.0.1 (latest)
> > All latest updates installed.
> >
> > Its frozen during System Settings, using evolution email, or just
> > starting to open a browser.
> >
> > Has this already been noticed or reported before by chance?
> >
> How many displays are you using? I'm seeing the same thing with
> Intel
> graphics, but only on systems with multiple displays.

All I ever use is just one.  Most of the time the only thing kept open
is evolution, or maybe browser to surf with evolution still open.
Actually while writing this email it almost did, but I get it back
after a few seconds.  That or my system is being pounded via cpu or
something as I write this.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY