F22 Live KDE on a VM

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 11:57:57 UTC 2015

I've installed the Beta 3 version of F22 KDE Live in a VirtualBox VM.
This was a clean install, i.e. get a fresh VM, boot the Live CD image,
then install to disk by clicking on the button. My host machine is F21
has plenty of horsepower and an NVidia graphics card under the
proprietary driver. I also installed the VBox Guest Additions and ran
"dnf update" in the guest.

After logging in, the resulting Plasma DE is unusable. Panel menus pop
up but windows don't appear on the desktop; in fact nothing appears
there except the root background.

Other Fedora installations (F21 Workstation) work correctly in the same
setup.

Since this is KDE specific I thought I'd ask here before taking it to
the Test list.

poc