Removing disable idle system screenlock as default behaviour for Plasma 5

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Wed Apr 22 22:36:24 UTC 2015

Patrick O'Callaghan ha scritto:
> On Wed, 2015-04-22 at 23:57 +0200, Luigi Toscano wrote:
>> Germano Massullo ha scritto:
>>> I would like to talk about screen lock in KDE Plasma 5.
>>>
>>> KDE Plasma 5 locks the screen with user password after 5 minutes of
>>> system being in idle.
>>> I think that we should disable screenlock as default behaviour for KDE
>>> Plasma, because it will annoy many users. If anybody needs it, it can be
>>> easly activated.
>>
>> I would rather keep it as it. Especially for laptops. Does your phone locks
>> automatically or not? It's the same IMHO.
>
> Your phone turns off the screen to save battery, and may optionally lock
> for security against theft (though I don't know of any that do this by
> default). A desktop is a completely different use case.

Security is an important reason for locking phones; pattern-based lock is
quite widespread, and I think that encrypted phones are going to be more and
more common (with obvious need for a locker).

A laptop is not a different use case (security). A desktop, maybe (in company
yes, at home it depends :)

Ciao
--
Luigi