KDE Mixer/F21: how to keep heaphones enabled across reboots?

Richard Z rz at linux-m68k.org
Sat Apr 25 20:14:21 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 09:12:51AM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Richard Z wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > wondering if this is a bug or my own stupidity: whenever I reboot
> > I have to open KDE Mixer/Settings/Audio Setup/Audio Hardware Setup
> > and change "Device Configuration/Connector" to "Headphones" in order
> > to have working headphones.
> > Why doesn't it remember this setting? After each reboot it is back
> > to "Line Out"
>
> 2 things:
>
> If you want only individual apps to use headphones, you can move the streams
> in kmix (right click the app volume -> move to), and it should remember it
> for that app next time.
>
> If you want headphones to be preferered always, try setting that in
> systemsettings->multimedia->audio&video->device preference(tab)
>
> and make sure your headphones are higher priority.

does not work - this tab does not display headphones. It displays
* Simultaneous output to builtin stereo
* Builtin stereo
- and a few others. Changing priority here does not seem to have effect
on headphones.

To enable the headphones I need the "Audio Hardware Setup" tab/connector
setting - and this one is "forgotten" after every reboot regardless whether
it is done from systemsettings or kmixer.

Richard

---
Name and OpenPGP keys available from pgp key servers