Removing disable idle system screenlock as default behaviour for Plasma 5

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Apr 27 13:15:44 UTC 2015

Am 27.04.2015 um 14:35 schrieb Rex Dieter:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>
>>> - and if you do, the fix is not to disable auto-lockscreen, the fix is
>>> to fix the broken software that does not set inhibition
>>> correctly.
>>
>> IMHO inhibition should be automatically set any time a video is playing,
>> no matter what the specific player is. How would you suggest we do that?
>
> File bugs against the video player that has not yet implemented inhibition.
> In this case, adobe/flash-plugin (or not, adobe has been aware of this issue
> for years)

and aginast IDE's, text editors, RDP software, ajax-webinterfaces

not they are not broken and hence don't need to be fixed, the only thing
which needs to be fixed are useless defaults pretending that they
improve security while they don't

Kevin explained that well - even 1 minute is to long if yu leave your
machine alone and if you don#t let it alone no lock is needed at all