2 screens 1 black

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 11:11:50 UTC 2015

I've been using 2 screens (laptop + external) for some time.

It's worked OK for some time, but recently (some update?) it's working less
well.

After using just the laptop, I connect the monitor.  In the past, kde
doesn't notice and I need to run xrandr to turn on the monitor.  Now, it
seems to turn on monitor (after a bit of delay), but the laptop screen then
has no background (just black), and right click on laptop background does
nothing.  Running xrandr doesn't fix it.  Only logoff/logon fixes it.