What is really in klipper?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Aug 9 02:18:47 UTC 2015

Ed Greshko wrote:

> On 08/09/15 09:31, Gerald B. Cox wrote:
>> No, that's fine.  That is what I am running.... enter just qdbus at a
>> command prompt... here is the output I'm getting... you should see
>> org.kde.klipper...
>>
> [egreshko at meimei ~]$ qdbus | grep -i klip
> [egreshko at meimei ~]$
>
> Nope....

There are actually 2 Klippers in recent Plasma 4 releases and in Plasma 5:
the Klipper application with system tray icon (using KStatusNotifierIcon),
and the clipboard plasmoid that can also show up in the system tray. The
default in Plasma 4 was the application. In Plasma 5, I remember reading
they made the plasmoid the default. They behave differently. Try turning off
the plasmoid in the system tray settings and running the actual application.

        Kevin Kofler