proposal: switch default browser on plasma spin to firefox

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Aug 10 17:26:25 UTC 2015

Rex Dieter wrote:

> Gerald B. Cox wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Rex Dieter
>> <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Specifically (as quoted above, as primary and secondary proposals):
>>>
>>> * install firefox and set it as the default browser (and handler of
>>> related mimetypes, e.g. text/html, x-scheme-handler/http, etc..)
>>> * keep konqueror installed as a secondary browser
>>>

>> I'm a little unclear about this... exactly how is this planned to be
>> accomplished.  Does this mean Firefox will
>> now be installed for all KDE users - or is this only going to impact
>> people
>> who use the Live CD?
>
> Live CD.

One addendum, we'll have to test it both ways, but I think we'll have to
keep:
systesmsettings5->Applications->Default Applications->Web Browser
Open http and https URLs option set to
"in an application based on the contents of the URL"
(as it is currently) rather than static browser entry, to be on the safe
side.

-- rex