proposal: switch default browser on plasma spin to firefox

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 10:42:17 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 10:16 AM, Jan Grulich <jgrulich at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> On Monday 10 of August 2015 08:12:02 Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> >
>> > What do we have feature freezes for? It is TOO LATE to implement this
>> > change for Fedora 23!
>>
>> We can discuss the issue of when/how to implement this at tomorrow's kde-sig
>> meeting.  if the consensus of the group is to wait (after f23) to implement
>> this, I'll be happy to comply.
>>
>> full disclosure: I personally see no need to wait, this isn't a "Feature" in
>> the classic sense, there's relatively little to be done to implement and
>> test it.
>>

> I won't be able to attend the meeting today (still busy with reconstruction
> and furnishing), but my opinion is that there is no need to wait. I don't
> consider switching default browser as a feature and I'm sure Kevin will find
> another reason why not switch to Firefox even for Fedora 24.

One reason it would make sense to wait is work on a bit more KDE-ization
of Firefox but I'm unsure we would able to ship it by default in the
end. There's
no Breeze theme for Firefox but it would be nice to work on it as part of the
switch. And I still wait for miracle that better browser will come one day.
Firefox is unfortunately best from bad...

Jaroslav