more multiscreen wierdness

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Fri Aug 21 11:52:56 UTC 2015

On 08/21/15 19:05, Neal Becker wrote:
> At work I have laptop + external (hdmi) screen.
>
> Yesterday I went home, woke laptop from sleep, and had no panel.  Previously
> panel always went with 'primary' display, which was laptop with no external
> monitor, and external when connected.  Which worked fine.
>
> I tried logoff/logon, then reboot.  Didn't fix it.
>
> So I re-added panel, carefully setup as I wanted.
>
> Today I connected external monitor.  Now each display has it's own panel.

This happened to me one time a while back.  What I found was that in "System Settings--->Hardware--->Display and Monitor--->Display Configuration" somehow one monitor was squarely on top of the other one.  I just moved it to the "proper" configuration and everything was OK.  Never found out what caused it and it hasn't happened again.

--
It seems most people that say they are "done talking about it" never really are until given the last word.