nVidia drivers - an observation (admission)

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Tue Aug 25 00:48:01 UTC 2015

On 08/24/15 23:00, Glenn Holmer wrote:
> On 08/23/2015 10:57 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> I don't think I am the only person that has decided to use nVidia
>> drivers instead of nouveau.  But my experience may be something to
>> keep in mind when chasing Plasma-5 problems.
> For me, the latest nVidia driver makes konsole go blank when maximizing
> it, with no apparent way to recover. Doesn't happen with nouveau.

I hardly ever maximize windows and when it happens it is mostly by accident.  And, yes, I they do go to black sometimes when they are returned to their original size but they are OK again if they are put on the systray and restored.  At least for me.

The only point I was trying to make was that some issues with plasma may be falsely attributed to it, which I did, while it is really the video driver which is to blame.

--
It seems most people that say they are "done talking about it" never really are until given the last word.