power notifications no longer working

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Feb 16 13:38:18 UTC 2015

Orion Poplawski wrote:

> I seem to no longer have working power notifications or auto hibernate
> on low battery on F21 + updates-testing.  Any one else seeing this?

Is there a power meter in Fedora?
I haven't seen one for ages.
I always boot into Windows to see how my battery is doing.
The Windows Power Meter is just about perfect.

I don't share the general view that Fedora is getting better and better.
I was throwing out old computers at the weekend,
and found a Thinkpad T23 still working (to my surprise).
It was running Fedora-10, and to my eyes this was just as good,
in fact better in many ways
(simpler, more attractive boot - I seem to have lost the music somewhere)
than Fedora-21.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net