KMail changed IMAP behaviour in F21

Piotr Gbyliczek piotr.gbyliczek at reconnix.com
Fri Jan 2 08:47:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've just upgraded my main desktop from F20 to F21, and noticed that KMail
behaves slightly different in terms of IMAP. Before upgrade I could go to a
message in KMail, read it and it would be marked as read if I access mailbox
via web interface. It was working perfectly the other way - KMail was syncing
in few minutes so emails that I have read through web interface was marked as
read in KMail.

Now the second case does not work. I still can mark email via KMail to see it
marked in web interface, but marking message as read in web interface does not
mark it in KMail.

Anybody had similar experience ? Any ideas if that is a bug, or planned change
in behaviour of either KMail or IMAP server (Google Mail) ?

Regards

--
Piotr Gbyliczek
Systems Administrator (LPIC 3, Novell CLA certified)