KDE Connect

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Jan 5 01:23:30 UTC 2015

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>
>> I am unable to connect (ie pair) my Fedora-21/KDE laptop (Thinkpad T510)
>> and my Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 4.4.2 .
>>
>> When I run KDE Connect on the laptop it says it is paired to the phone,
>> and lists the various items - Battery Monitor, Clipboard, etc,
>> which it should (presumably) be able to show.
>>
>> However, the phone shows no sign of seeing the laptop -
>> it says no devices are available.
>
> Have you opened the relevant port range in the firewall?
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Yes, I opened ports 1714-1764 tcp & udp
I take it this exerpt from netstat shows that port 1714 at least is open:
=============================
[tim at william ~]$ sudo netstat -tulpn
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1714            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
1248/kdeconnectd
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1714            0.0.0.0:*
1248/kdeconnectd
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:43709           0.0.0.0:*
1248/kdeconnectd
=============================
Also
=============================
[tim at william ~]$ telnet 192.168.2.39 1714
Trying 192.168.2.39...
Connected to 192.168.2.39.
Escape character is '^]'.

[tim at william ~]$ ps aux | grep connect
tim       1248  0.0  0.8 526348 32100 ?        Sl   Jan04   0:06
/usr/libexec/kde4/kdeconnectd
tim      14914  0.2  1.2 460124 48976 ?        S    01:50   0:01
/usr/bin/kcmshell4 kcm_kdeconnect
=============================

I just disabled iptables after reading some earlier comments of yours,
but this did not seem to have any effect.

The KDE Connect window on my laptop said that it was paired to the phone;
but when I unpaired it I was not able to pair it again -
I got the message "Error trying to pair: Device not reachable"
(When I re-booted the laptop KDE Connect said it was paired to the phone.)

I also tried uninstalling and re-installing KDE Connect on the phone,
but this did not seem to have any effect.

I notice that when I run "sudo systemctl status firewalld" I get the message
  "ERROR: UNKNOWN_INTERFACE: 'wlp3s0' is not in any zone".
I'm not sure if this is relevant?

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net