Trouble with screen locking and suspend

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sat Jan 10 18:24:30 UTC 2015

Orion Poplawski wrote:

> Starting recently (last week or so) my F21 KDE laptop is back to
> suspending before the screen locker is activated.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to check the order of these
things in kde4, from my reading of recent blog:
http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2015/01/locking-the-screen-before-system-suspends/

which is presumably being improved in Plasma 5.

> So when I resume I
> get a non-responsive workspace for a minute or two and then finally the
> screen lock appears.

IMO, that's unrelated.  a non-responsive workspace should never happen,
regardless of the order of suspend/screen-lock.

-- Rex