KDE Telepathy and OTR

Bjoern Schiessle bjoern at schiessle.org
Wed Jan 14 10:27:32 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm using Fedora 21 with KDE and want to try the new OTR implementation of
Telepathy.

The first strange thing I observed was that I can't find anything about OTR if I
go to the system settings "Instant Messaging and VoIP".
If I set up my xmpp account  open a random chat window and go to
Settings->"Configure Chat Application" I find some OTR settings. That's really
confusing but probably nothing for this mailing list but for a upstream bug
report.

But now the question why I write to this mailing list in the first place. If I
open the OTR settings and chose "Generate" to generate a new private key
nothing happens. No key, no error message, nothing. Any idea what could be
wrong?

Thanks!
Björn

--