F22 comments

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 21:15:46 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 05:02 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 07/06/15 04:48, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > As I said in another thread, it appears to work for KDE apps.
> > Firefox
> > runs but seems to have a bug. No news on Chrome, which flat out
> > doesn't
> > work.
>
> I don't know what you mean by "flat out doesn't work", but I have
> Chrome working just fine on several systems that were installed from
> scratch and 2 systems that were upgraded via fedup.

I mean that when I log out and in again, Chrome does not restart. If I
restart it manually, it restores all the tabs and windows I've defined
in my manually saved session (just not on the correct desktops).
Actually that's not completely true. There is one tab that is always
restored even though I've saved the session without it. No idea what's
going on there, though it could be a Chrome bug.

> Even in KDE4 I always made sure I quite Chrome before logout since it
> was a roll of the dice for it to restore the tabs I had open/pinned.

I never had to do that. IIRC Chrome would always restore just as I left
it.

poc