F22 comments

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 21:37:58 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 05:23 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > I mean that when I log out and in again, Chrome does not restart.
> If I
> > restart it manually, it restores all the tabs and windows I've
> defined
> > in my manually saved session (just not on the correct desktops).
> > Actually that's not completely true. There is one tab that is
> always
> > restored even though I've saved the session without it. No idea
> what's
> > going on there, though it could be a Chrome bug.
>
> After you logout, either login as a different user or ssh into the
> system and check to see if any Chrome processes remain running.

Tried that. There are no Chrome processes left. Also, I nearly always
end the session by rebooting because of updates (this is a home machine
that is always logged in). What mystifies me is that it refuses to
forget this one tab, even though I've saved the session with the tab
closed. If I could figure out where Chrome saves its state I might be
able to fix that. There is a file called .config/google-chrome/Local\
State but it doesn't look like they want you to edit it.

> FWIW, I think most of the problem with Chrome and restarts are
> probably Chrome issues...which is why I manually shut it down and
> start it up.
> >
> >> Even in KDE4 I always made sure I quite Chrome before logout since
> it
> >> was a roll of the dice for it to restore the tabs I had
> open/pinned.
> > I never had to do that. IIRC Chrome would always restore just as I
> left
> > it.
> >
> Yes, YMMV.  I've had no such luck as I've said.

Well, go figure.

poc