Cannot disable touchpad under Fedora-22/KDE

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Jul 24 00:30:09 UTC 2015

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I want to disable the touchpad on my Thinkpad-T510 running Fedora-22/KDE .
> If I go to System Settings=>Hardware=>Input Devices=>Touchpad
> and click on Enable/Disable Touchpad (and click Apply)
> it seems to have no effect.

I found in the end that this was a misunderstanding on my part.
I thought one just had to click on the Enable/Disable button,
but now I see that this opens a small window with a new menu,
which allows one to set a key-combination for disabling the touchpad.
After setting Ctrl-Y to disable the touchpad my problem is solved.

I don't understand how anyone can think this is a simpler way
of disabling the touchpad, but then simplicity does not appear to be
a high priority for the Plasma developers.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net