kdewallet password under Fedora-21/22

bitlord bitlord0xff at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 17:17:09 UTC 2015

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 18:55:24 +0200
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:

> I notice that when I re-boot into Fedora-22
> I am asked for my kdewallet password;
> but when I boot into Fedora-21 I am not asked for this.
>
> This isn't a serious inconvenience, as I don't re-boot often.
> But I'd be interested to know the reason for it.
>
> I seem to recall that this occurred in some older Fedora versions.

I'm not sure will this help, but 'sddm' (login/display manger) supports
unlocking kwallet password on login (I guess password for wallet need
to be the same as for user login), so if you use 'sddm' this should
work, and it most likely won't work on auto-login setups (impossible?).
SDDM is default login/display manager on >=f21, before that it was KDM.
All of this involves PAM as I understand it.
I have this working on a few systems, but I also saw people reporting
that if they have gnome-keyring and kwallet configured (I guess for
PAM, login ... (not sure how this works)) that it breaks kwallet
support or something like that, both cannot work properly at the same
time, not sure why or if this was fixed because I never used both at
the time.