New default web browser on KDE Spin

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Jul 27 23:10:01 UTC 2015

Mustafa Muhammad wrote:
> This can be disabled, we can ship without this feature.

We (KDE SIG) can't, because Firefox is not maintained by us. This is another
issue with it, we have no control whatsoever over its packaging. It is not
even open to provenpackager! (The Mozilla stack is the ONLY set of packages
not open to provenpackager in all of Fedora, because of the trademark
nonsense.)

> And it IS a feature, to protect from malicious addons.

Just like locking you into only installing M$ software "protects" you from
malicious software. That doesn't mean it is compatible with Free Software.
(It is obviously not.)

> There is some integration, I used it in openSUSE and in Tanglu, were
> using multiple repos but I think the final is here:
> https://github.com/plasmazilla

That integration is not packaged in Fedora and will likely never be, because
of the maintainership and trademark situation. So this is not an option for
us.

        Kevin Kofler