KDE on CentOS 6.6

zohouri.h.aa zohouri.h.aa at m.titech.ac.jp
Tue Jun 2 07:09:20 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I hope this is the correct place to ask about this. I have been desperately trying to somehow install a version of KDE newer than 4.3.4 on CentOS 6.6 and during my searches, I came upon the following page:

http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/

I followed the instructions on the page (enabled EPEL and added kde.repo to /etc/yum.repos.d/) but when I try to update KDE, I get the following dependency resolution issues:

Error: Package: okular-part-4.11.2-1.el6.x86_64 (kde)
           Requires: libepub.so.0()(64bit)
Error: Package: kdesdk-4.11.2-1.el6.noarch (kde)
           Requires: okteta >= 4.11.2
           Available: kdesdk-okteta-4.10.2-1.el6.1.i686 (kde-i186)
               okteta = 4.10.2-1.el6.1
Error: samba4-common conflicts with samba-common-3.6.23-14.el6_6.x86_64
Error: Package: 6:kdeutils-minimal-4.11.2-1.el6.noarch (kde)
           Requires: kwallet >= 4.11.2
           Available: kwallet-4.10.2-1.el6.i686 (kde-i186)
               kwallet = 4.10.2-1.el6
Error: Package: kde-runtime-libs-4.11.2-2.el6.x86_64 (kde)
           Requires: libwebp.so.4()(64bit)
Error: Package: qtwebkit-2.3.3-1.el6.x86_64 (kde)
           Requires: libwebp.so.4()(64bit)
Error: Package: okular-4.11.2-1.el6.x86_64 (kde)
           Requires: kio_msits = 7:4.11.2-1.el6
           Available: kio_msits-5.2-5.el6.2.x86_64 (epel)
               kio_msits = 5.2-5.el6.2
Error: Package: nepomuk-core-4.11.2-3.el6.x86_64 (kde)
           Requires: libepub.so.0()(64bit)
Error: Package: kdesdk-4.11.2-1.el6.noarch (kde)
           Requires: lokalize >= 4.11.2
           Available: kdesdk-lokalize-4.10.2-1.el6.1.i686 (kde-i186)
               lokalize = 4.10.2-1.el6.1
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem

Considering the fact that this mailing list seems to be affiliated with the aforementioned website, I was hoping someone would be able to help me resolve this issue.