plasmashell oddities

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jun 28 07:52:44 UTC 2015

I've experienced a couple of oddities with regards to plasmashell that I A) Wonder if anyone else has seen and B) how to capture information for debugging in the event something similar happens again.

These have only happened one time each but they still "bug" me as I think they, or something similar, may happen again.

1.  Everything disappeared from the systray.  It I could still see the outline but nothing else.  Restarting plasmashell brought everything back.

2.  I run dual monitors.  Suddenly the background and the Home and Trash icons were gone.  I though the display had been powered off or when to sleep.  However, I could drag a konsole window to the "blank" display and it displayed just fine.  Again, restarting plasmashell brought everything back.

Currently running plasma-workspace-5.3.0-4. Konsole output

--
Sorta what I want to say when folks habitually complain about Fedora - https://youtu.be/ZArl8fTfub4