Kmail/Akonadi forgets pop3 mail server password

Peter G. pgueckel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 20:23:22 UTC 2015

I have set up a pop3 mail server under Akonadi for each
of the mail servers I use (my internet provider default,
google and yahoo).

Roughly every third time I start Kmail, the yahoo pop3
password needs to be reeintered. Why does it get
forgotten by akonadi?

I reenter the password and the mail is checked, and then,
a day or three later, the same thing again. This has been
going on for weeks, perhaps months. I have ignored it,
but it is frustrating. What is going on?