Kmail/Akonadi forgets pop3 mail server password

Peter Reed peterreed at gmx.com
Tue Mar 3 21:37:01 UTC 2015

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 10:56:08 -0700
"Peter G. " <pgueckel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Peter G.  wrote:
>
> > It is too early to tell, but I changed from
> > pop.mail.yahoo.ca to pop.mail.yahoo.com and, so far, I
> > have had no further problems.
>
> It just happened with yahoo.com. This time, the password
> was still there and I just had to click ok. Usually, the
> field is blank.
>
> I will monitor.

It is not just kmail. I have this problem with claws-mail but only
under KDE and only my gmail account. None of my other accounts have
this problem. It does seem to come and go, sometimes a week or so will
go by without a problem and then it will start and not stop until I log
into another desktop (I have several and it does not matter which one).
Peter