Korganizer Reminder Deamon Problem

Peter G. pgueckel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 17:51:57 UTC 2015

Peter G.  wrote:

> I resumed my computer and, at the time of my morning
> alert, the reminder was triggered, like it was
supposed
> to. I dismissed it, and one minute later, it
triggered
> again.

There is one further thing that might have some bearing
on this problem.

A couple of days ago, there was an updates-testing (I
am still running this repo) update with a new kernel,
systemd (?) and some qt5 (?) things in it. I don't
recall what else. About last Thursday.

Anyway, after I rebooted the computer in order to use
the new kernel, I logged in to KDE from the login
screen and KDE loaded with a black screen. It took
about 30 seconds, before the desktop appeared, and then
another 30 seconds or so for the system tray to appear.
Normally, both the desktop and system tray are there
within a second or so after login.

Maybe something in the update is defective and is
preventing some kind of system communication?

I haven't tried using the previous kernel yet. I should
do it.