Plasma5 loss of configurability?

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Tue Mar 10 14:09:25 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 10 of March 2015 15:03:04 Luigi Toscano wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 of March 2015 06:55:04 Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> > Done.   Thanks for taking the time to report this to the list.   I'm not
> > using Plasma5 but display my date as Day Month Year.  Hopefully they'll
> > fix
> > this in short order.   Configurability is one of KDE's strengths.   It
> > shouldn't be GNOMEified.
>
> Please note that his has nothing to do with GNOME or lack of
> configurability. Instead of using the custom KLocale, the needed
> functionalities are now in Qt and its QLocale class. So the system locale
> is used, instead of duplicating the pieces for locale change. See for
> example:
> http://vizzzion.org/blog/2014/05/locale-changes-in-plasma-next/

... and especially the comment here:
http://vizzzion.org/blog/2014/05/locale-changes-in-plasma-next/comment-page-1/#comment-23267

Just to say that the extra-configurability should be fixed in Qt first.
Unfortunately the shortage of manpower there (John has many things on his
plate) does not help.

Ciao
--
Luigi