Plasma5 loss of configurability?

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Tue Mar 10 14:14:13 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 10 of March 2015 07:10:23 Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> If I  read that explanation correctly it basically says that you no longer
> can override Locale settings.   You get what is defined by the locale.   If
> that is correct it is indeed a loss of configurability and it is the GNOME
> approach of restricting the options for the user.

No, because you can change potentially the locale (see the other email and the
relevant comment in that blog post). The code and the UI to do it in an easy
way is just missing because it was not written, no one is trying to remove
features because they shouldn't be there. The point is that it should be fixed
in some lower levels of the stack than the removed KLocale.

Ciao
--
Luigi