Plasma5 loss of configurability?

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sat Mar 14 14:36:04 UTC 2015

On 03/13/2015 11:52 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Yes, it can't be done with the graphic tool. Just pointing out the,
> hopefully, temporary workaround.

It can be done with the graphic tool. "Time" is its own
combo box in the config page, independent from "Currency".

What's gone relative to the old KLocale system is that
KLocale allowed you to essentially create a custom locale
with custom values for time format, while the new system
requires you to set Time to, say, "Germany" if you want a
24 clock, which means you need to know which locale has
the format you want. Which is fairly clumsy.

I agree the old system was better in this regard, and I
take no offense if you as a user wish for it back. Unfor-
tunately on the development side these are difficult
decisions sometimes where pros and cons need to be
weighed and a long-term view maintained. I'd ask that
you try to understand that, while wishing for richer con-
figurability.

Cheers,
Eike