Plasma 5 questions

Glenn Holmer shadowm at lyonlabs.org
Sun Mar 15 11:54:24 UTC 2015

Questions about Plasma 5 in the 22 alhpa:

1) I can't figure out how to set up konsole so that the terminal window
has the same size every time I open it, even if I resized it before
closing it on the previous run. I was able to do this in Plasma 4.

2) Ctrl-space is broken in konsole (e.g. emacs set mark), although it
works in other places (e.g. NetBeans code completion). This works in the
Ubuntu Plasma 5 pre-release; does that mean that they fixed it
themselves rather than in upstream?

3) In System Settings, under Startup and Shutdown, I've set Desktop
Session to "Restore manually saved session". Where is the option to
manually save a session? In Plasma 4, it would appear in the 'K' menu
once you had selected this.

4) When I right-click the 'K' menu and select Edit Applications, nothing
happens. Known issue?

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)