Plasma5 loss of configurability?

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Sun Mar 15 15:22:05 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 6:54 PM, Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> They are kept in /usr/share/i18n/locales.  You probably want to create
> your own since your modifications may not survive an update.

Thanks Ed... I looked at en_US and en_GB... looks like there is a copy
function to take sections from other files.  I want both the 24hour time
and dd/mm/yy so I did this:

LC_TIME
copy "en_GB"
END LC_TIME

I'm not running Plasma5 now so not sure if that is all that is required.
Also, if I renamed the file as you suggested to say "en_US2" would that
show up in whatever selection mechanism Plasma5 has?