Plasma 5 crash on Fedora 22

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Mon Mar 16 11:51:16 UTC 2015

On Sunday 15 March 2015 08:47:43 Pete Travis wrote:
> FWIW, I experienced a similar situation.  A `dnf distro-sync` hung (I
> believe the system became unresponsive because a change in
> NetworkManager during the transaction was not compatible with my bonded
> eth config) and dnf was usable in only a very tedious way, with lots of
> reported conflicts and problems.  I used `package-cleanup --cleandupes`
> and was able to finish my distro-sync transaction, but discovered many
> of my installed packages were gone, things I use regularly like
> packaging tools, publican, firefox, etc.  I would not be surprised if
> your problem was due to missing packages.

I was aware of that, so I tried I decided to finish the distro-sync first and only then to clean the duplicate packages.

Since I noticed that there were packages from F22 that were removed I installed those again.
I took advantage that package-cleanup uses yum so that the transaction is record in yum's history.

>From the last transaction (number 438 in this case) I have reverted the erase packages from F22:

# dnf install $(yum history info 438 | grep -i erase | grep fc22 | awk '{print $2}')

I am aware that it is not the same thing as before but in any case I tried to minimize the changes.

--
José Abílio