Disable notification sounds in plasma 5

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 01:05:14 UTC 2015

On 25 March 2015 at 17:57, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>

>> Am 25.03.2015 um 18:49 schrieb Ian Malone:
>>> I've seen some mention of the new settings panel not having all the
>>> features yet, is there any way to disable all notification sounds in
>>> plasma5 short of individually turning them off?
>>
>> kmix in KDE4 has a own volume control for system events like all other
>> sound sources - is there no kmix in plasma5?
>
> It does,
>
> Ian, setting notification volume low (or 0) in kmix is probably the easiest
> way to implement what you want.

Thanks both for the suggestion. Actually it will show up in
pavucontrol too (it seems to be always on), I'd forgotten that as I
always have them disabled. However I'm not sure how well this will
play with setups using Jack, you don't really want things trying to
connect. Will do some testing.
In KDE4 the Manage Notifications Panel has a "Player Settings" tab
which I usually have set to "no audio output".

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk