Plasma 5 - Right Click Desktop - Konsole?

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Fri May 1 13:19:49 UTC 2015

On Thursday 30 April 2015 17:12:06 Rex Dieter wrote:
> That's something we (fedora) patched in to kde4 (from kde3 times), but we have not yet implemented the same for plasma5.
>

> Maybe if there is sufficient demand.
>

> -- Rex

+1 if that helps. :-)

The worst part for me is that konsole does not retain the session and sometime not even the window shows.

I agree with others that the plasma forgetting the session data is the worst problem of plasma 5. That can in part be mitigated by assigning initial desktops for applications since I always start konsole in desktop 1, dolphin in desktop 2, kontact and firefox in desktop 4 and so on. Not perfect but it helps a bit.

OTHO I do not intend to go back as plasma 5 has solved some minor nuisances from plasma 4 that it really is worth this (hopefully) temporary problem.

On a comic remark the default theme for plasma 5.3 is so colourful, so 70' of the kind that needs to come with a warning that it could induce and epileptic seizure. Naturally the epilepsy is a serious condition and it is not my intention to joke with people that suffer from it, but from the carnival palette... :-)

Regards,
--
José Abílio