Please Avoid Elipses in Subject Lines

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Mon May 11 08:23:19 UTC 2015

Hi all

I had to go and revisit my anti spam filters because of an issue I had
getting mail out. I visited the mailing list webinterface and noticed
I did not receive a complete thread from it.

The thread began with the subject:

Basic Plasma 5 Crashes...

Please notice the 3 periods at the end of the line. Because my server
has been inundated with efforts to spam, I received a bombardment with
subject lines containing the elipse.

As a result, I had to filter them out. I am sure that other aggressive
anti spam filters will filter out those subjects as well.

Please avoid putting Elipses in Subject Lines.

Thanks

believed to be clean.