Please Avoid Elipses in Subject Lines

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Mon May 11 13:56:49 UTC 2015

I already have a custom good address and bad address rules. The problem with
what you suggest is that I would need to know beforehand what the good or bad
address would be.

Logic would dictate that since there would be fewer good addresses I should
include them... However, again... I would need to know before hand. And also,
I would need to trust that someone's mail server hasn't been hacked, or some
bot somewhere managed to get to a computer somehow.

And as far as the discard is concerned... I have my day job. I don't want to
turn my whole life into a job as well. This is dealing with a server I have at
home not at work. When I get home after work.... I really really really do not
want to work. If I sit infront of my computer at home I want it to entertain
me. I want to relax and enjoy it, not be frustrated by it, or forever configure
it or run a million installers to update it, or be bogged down by antivirus,
etc etc etc.

On Monday 11 May 2015 15:04:49 Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 11.05.2015 um 14:52 schrieb Eli Wapniarski:
> > The filter is very simple... I am using milter-regex by the way and is:
> >
> > discard header /^SUBJECT$/i /\.\.\./i
> >
> > I see those 3 dots... bye bye
>
> well, and with a smart spamassassin-rule you would reject most spam but
> not the list (besides that discard is a bad joke at all)
>
> header    __CUST_SUBJ  Subject =~ /.*(\.\.\.).*/i
> meta      CUST_SUBJ    (__HAS_SUBJECT && __CUST_SUBJ)
> score     CUST_SUBJ    3.5
> describe  CUST_SUBJ    Contains Junk-Sign
>
> whitelist_auth *@lists.fedoraproject.org

believed to be clean.