Gonna be a little irritating again Sorry

Glenn Holmer cenbe at kolabnow.com
Mon May 11 14:12:02 UTC 2015

On 05/11/2015 05:17 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
> Daniel Vrátil composed on 2015-05-11 11:37 (UTC+0200):

>> Digital or analog clock? With date or without? I use digital clock with date
>> and it really only takes the minimum necessary space.
>
> You say "minimum". Others might disagree:
>
> Half clock:
> ##:##:## AM	or	##:## PM
>
> Full clock:
>
> The difference with seconds is approximately 37.5% extra width required for
> the half clock, 11 characters vs. 8. Without seconds, it's 8 vs. 5, 60% extra
> for the half clock.

Digital clock. The problem this causes for me is that if I add the short
date display, the clock becomes too small unless I make the panel much
taller than I would like. Without AM/PM, I don't think this would be a
problem... but of course I can't have US English with ISO 8601.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)