f22 Fedup SDDM Init 5 Blank Screen

Jimmy Collins collinsjimmyd at gmail.com
Mon May 11 20:45:42 UTC 2015

I've recently upgraded three computers from f21 to f22 via fedup. All three
had been running Daniel Vratil's Plasma 5 packages (with SDDM as a
login/display manager).

Two of the three work flawlessly. One is an old Toshiba laptop running the 32-
bit version, and the other is my new office laptop, a Lenovo running the 64-bit
version.

The third, an old 64-bit HP, fails to start in graphical mode. If I launch in
init 3, I can manually start SDDM or KDE and use the machine with no other
issues. Yet init 5 fails to bring up the login manager every time, leaving me
with a blank screen.

Hitting ESC while attempting graphical login has revealed no error messages so
far. It seems to stop at a different place in the boot process each time.

All three machines are running Intel graphics.

Any thoughts on what I should check or reinstall?

BTW, nice work everyone. Plasma 5 on f22 is shaping up to be a very nice
release.

Thanks!

Jimmy

--