F22 blocker/freeze exception review: on-list? in-bug? special meeting?

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 13 21:48:04 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-05-13 at 12:17 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-05-13 at 11:04 +0000, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > The fixes referenced in the freeze exception request were only
> > implemented within the last few days
>
> That doesn't reassure me. What it means is that a highly visible
> usability bug didn't prevent a freeze from happening anyway.

There is no common procedure for delaying freezes in Fedora, they
happen on dates that are pre-determined months in advance. Delays
occur usually at the point of signing off the Alpha, Beta and Final
releases if all blocker bugs are not fixed.

We have adjusted the release schedule outside of the blocker process
before, but only in very unusual circumstances - in other words, when
newUI was not remotely close to finished and no-one felt like going
through three weeks of blocker treadmill, we just said 'yeah, it's not
done' and kicked the schedule out by a few weeks. But it's very rare,
and quite honestly, 'bug in window placement in KDE session restore'
is not even a release blocker, never mind important enough to start
kicking around entire Fedora release schedules for.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey