Firewall Applet Icon - Plasma 5

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Mon May 18 21:43:55 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 2:24 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes, I'm afraid I'd forgotten the question I asked over two years ago
> which was never answered.

No worries... it was an excellent question!  I came across it in my search
to try to get a handle on the
history of the whole thing.  The applet is a great idea (and I'm sure the
developers agree, otherwise they
wouldn't have taken the time to create it) - and it's purpose is detailed
in the docs.

I got the impression the feeling was that since it worked fine under KDE
there was no need to
have a KDE specific version.  Of course now, ahem, it isn't working.  :-(

There are a whole slew of applications which managed to get it working,
including Chrome/Chromium - so I do have faith that eventually, they'll get
around to it.