F22 blocker/freeze exception review: on-list? in-bug? special meeting?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Tue May 19 11:58:32 UTC 2015

On 05/19/15 19:16, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On 19 May 2015 at 01:07, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
>> Glenn Holmer wrote:
>>> I agree that session restore has minimal impact on a live CD. The
>>> bigger issue, though, is that it's prominently visible in the main menu
>>> ("Save Session"), but is just plain broken. This reflects badly on
>>> Plasma 5 as a whole, and by extension, on the Fedora spin.
>> You have a good point there: "Save Session" is a menu entry, and there is a
>> blocker criterion saying that any non-working menu entry is a release
>> blocker for Fedora. Therefore, this bug ought to be considered not only a
>> freeze exception, but even a blocker!
>
> Actually it's not clear whether the problem is with the session save
> or the session restore. If the latter, a pedant might argue that
> there's no issue with the menu entry :)

For lack of a better word, I find it "hypocritical" that a feature not working but having a menu entry would be considered for blocker/freeze exception yet the same basic feature (restore previous session) not working would not receive the same consideration only due to the fact that it is configured totally in "system settings".