F22: what's wrong with system tray?

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Wed May 27 03:40:39 UTC 2015

System tray limits itself to volume control, Klipper, the IM app (which
I do not use), the connection icon, and a caret to look for hidden
icons. Those are: notification, battery, Bluetooth, device notifier,
printers, and software updates.

On F21, the Mozilla Firetray icons used to load on the system tray. Now,
if Thunderbird tries to minimize to the tray, it disappears completely.
Firefox won't start at all; it keeps crashing. (I've already filed a bug
against it.) I have other applications, including Skype and Deluge, that
used to have system tray icons, but I can't see them any more. I also
have an ancient password manager program (pwmanager-1.2.4-fc11) that
used to load into the system tray and now I can't see it, though
ksysguard assures me it's running.

How do I get the system tray to work as I'm used to? Or if I can't, what
am I supposed to do instead?

Temlakos