Gonna be a little irritating again Sorry

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Wed May 27 04:48:43 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 27 May 2015 03:59:34 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> > This is the first time that I can remember that I am not looking
> > forward to the next release of Fedora.
>
> I guess this is because this time you're actually trying the new major
> version early. :-)
>
> Last time you were indeed looking forward to Fedora 9 and KDE 4:
> http://kde-redhat-users.narkive.com/smrspSIm/kde-4-what-s-the-game-plan
> … but then…
> http://kde-redhat-users.narkive.com/6klxIMWo/criticism-of-f9-fairness
>
> Trying the new version before upgrading to it is a good thing, and there's
> nothing preventing you from skipping a release. That's why Fedora n only
> reaches its end of life (EOL) after the Fedora n+2 release.

Yeah...I know, but it will break my habit of doing and auto upgrade almost
immedietely. My big concern with this is that I was always very confident that
doing a upgrade between versions would work. Because things change so very
rapidly in the Fedora world I would be worried about an on the spot upgrade
even between Fedora 21 to 22 in 6 months time let alone 21 to 23.

As a suggestion only because I know that resources are limited and really I am
not trying to be a wiseguy. But if it was possible, maybe you guys should
think of a plan to get a "Longer Term" release with something like a year or 2
year release cycle for each version with the same current EOL policy of Fedora
/ KDE and "Bleeding Edge" but "stable" release with the current release
schedule.

I know that this is asking a lot... its just an idea. :)

>         Kevin Kofler

believed to be clean.